This page provides an overview of the technical limitations of the S3 Object Storage offer.
Maximum number of containers per project
- 100 (default)
- 1,000 (requires manual intervention, please contact the support team)
Maximum number of objects in a container
Maximum bandwidth per connection
Maximum number of write requests per second on a container
300 (beyond that, the quality of service is no longer guaranteed)
Maximum size per object/mpu/part
Via a single PUT
Maximum 5 GB per object (use a multi-part upload for an object whose size is above 5GB).
Via a multi-part upload (MPU)
- The size for a single part must be between 5MB (minimum) and 5GB (maximum)
- 10000 parts maximum in a mpu
The theoretical maximum size of a single large object uploaded via MPU is thus 48TB.
Maximum number of user accounts per project
- Must be between 3 and 63 characters long.
- Must begin and end with lowercase alphanumeric characters (a to z and 0 to 9).
- Must be unique within the same OVHcloud region.
- May contain the following punctuation marks: "." and "-".
- Must not contain multiple punctuation marks in a row (".." or " -." or ".-" or " --").
- Must not look like an IP address (192.168.1.1).