Learn how to use the OVHcloud Network plugin with your Managed Bare Metal solution.
The OVHcloud Network plugin was developed to allow for more focused management of the IP addresses linked to your Managed Bare Metal service.
- A Managed Bare Metal infrastructure
- An IP address block linked to your Managed Bare Metal infrastructure
- Access to the vSphere interface
Once you are logged in to the vSphere client,
select your datacenter from the left-hand menu and switch to the
Configure tab. Next, click on
Network under "OVHcloud" in the left-hand tab navigation to display the "Network summary" section.
Your IP blocks are displayed here along with some basic information about them. Click on an IP block to see all of its IP addresses listed in a table overview.
You can verify the reverse of each address and their purpose. Some of them will be marked as "Reserved". Make sure not to use these five IPs that are reserved for the block's configuration and high availability, namely:
- the first IP, which announces your block on the router
- the last IP, which is for broadcast
- the second to last IP, which is your gateway
- the two IPs before the gateway, which are used as HSRP (Hot Standby Router Protocol) on the routers
To inform the OVHcloud plugin that your public IP addresses are actually in use, you need to send an ARP request (arping) from the virtual machine(s) using these IPs.
You can then customize your reverse IPs in this table (when configuring an email server, for example). Click on the three vertical dots to the left of the IP address, then on
Enter the reverse and validate by clicking
The new reverse will then be displayed in the table.