Nextcloud is a suite of client-server software for creating and using file hosting services.
This guide explains how to set up storage in Nextcloud to use a S3 Object Storage container.
- A container
- A user with the required access rights on the container
- Your S3 credentials (access_key and secret_access_key)
See our Getting Started with S3 Object Storage guide.
Configuration from the graphical interface
Activate the External storage support application
Click on your profile at the top right and then on
Disabled Apps in the left panel.
Locate the External storage support application and click
Click on your avatar at the top right and select
Settings from the drop-down menu.
- Select the
- Create an Amazon S3 storage type.
- Name your destination folder
- Specify the name of your container
- Set the host as:
- Set the port to 443
- Specify the region
- Activate SSL
- Enter your access key
- Fill in your secret key
Files application, select the
External storage menu in the "Administrative" menu and then select your
The result should be similar to this: