Learn how to manage your Public Cloud instances through OVHcloud Control Panel.
You can manage your Public Cloud projects easily via the OVHcloud Control Panel. You will find all of your infrastructure (instances, backups, disks, SSH keys, etc.) and storage projects there (including the list of your containers).
Using the management interface for instances
Log in to the OVHcloud Control Panel and open your
Public Cloud project.
Instances in the left-hand menu.
This page lists all your Public Cloud instances and some of their properties:
- The instance ID, needed for certain API calls
- The location of the datacenter i.e. the region of the instance
- The instance model
- The image i.e. the OS installed on the instance
- The IPv4 address of the instance
- Additional volumes (disks) currently attached to the instance
- The status of the instance, indicating whether it is in the
Management options on the instance dashboard
You can access all available management actions on the instance management page if you click the more options
... button in the row of the instance you want to modify.
On this page, you can view management actions, information about your instance and network, and the login information needed to connect to your instance.
Editing the configuration of the instance
The new page displays a modified version of the instance creation options where you can edit the following items:
- Name: You can give a name to the instance for easier identification.
- Image: You can choose a different operating system for the instance. (Note that reinstalling an instance will delete all data stored on it.)
- Template: You can switch to a different instance model. Please refer to this guide for more information about the options.
- Changing the billing type: You can change the billing period of the instance from hourly to monthly. Please refer to this guide for detailed information.
Creating a backup of the instance
Create a backup.
Refer to our guide on backing up an instance for detailed information.
Creating an automatic backup of the instance
Suspending the instance
This will put the instance in a suspended state. Refer to our guide on shelving, suspending, or pausing an instance for detailed information.
Boot to reactivate the instance.
Using rescue mode
Reboot in rescue mode.
This will activate rescue mode for the instance. Refer to our guide on putting an instance in rescue mode for detailed information.
Restarting the instance
- Click on
Hot reboot (soft)to perform a software-level reboot.
- Click on
Cold reboot (hard)to perform a hardware-level reboot.
Confirm the reboot request in the popup window.
Shelving the instance
This will put the instance in the "shelved" state, here displayed as
Suspended. Consult our guide on shelving, suspending, or pausing an instance to learn more about the different states.
Reactivate to restore the
Reinstalling an instance
This action will reinstall the instance with the same operating system, provided the image is still supported. Please note that if you choose to reinstall, all of the data currently stored on your instance will be erased.
Note that reinstalling deletes all data currently stored on your instance.
Deleting an instance
Delete. This will permanently delete the instance, as well as all of the data stored on it.
Confirm the request in the popup window.
Accessing the VNC console
Instances the left-hand menu. On the instance management page, click on the name of the instance in the table.
Switch from the dashboard to the tab
NOTE: If the VNC console does not appear, scroll to the bottom of the page and click
Open in a new window.
The VNC console provides direct access to your instance. In order for this access to work you need to configure a username and password on the instance first.
Consult our getting started guide to learn more about the necessary steps.